Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Lost" on the Treadmill

The wind was howling outside today, so I wimped out and stayed inside for my long run. While training for the Fargo Marathon last year, I watched the Jason Bourne series of movies when I was forced on the treadmill. That will get a person's heart rate up! There were times that I was so startled that I'm surprised that I didn't fall off the treadmill. When training for Twin Cities rolled around, I started to watch the Lost series on DVD. Because this winter has been brutally cold, I've had a lot of time on the treadmill to see what happened to the survivors of Oceanic 815. Today I started Season 4 and I am more engrossed in the story line than ever.

Other than the distraction of Lost, my run was one of the worst I've had in a long time. I was slow (even for me) and unmotivated. Worst of all, half way through the 11 miles the bottom of my foot started hurting. This time last year I had plantar fasciitis in that foot, and I've already been dealing with shin pain on that same leg. I'm sure it is all related. Bummer. I'm having a hard time even walking around. Luckily, I have an appointment with my Dr. tomorrow who has put to rest some of my other issues and has made a lot of progress with my shin. Hopefully he will be able to give me some relief.

I hope the weather improves for the sake of my training, but I don't mind a rainy day here or there. It gives me a chance to check in on Jack, The Others, and all of the other castaways. I can't wait to find out what happens to all of them. How do you keep yourself entertained on the treadmill?

1 comment:

Porkchopwi said...

Ha. Finding a good series or good movie does make the time go a whole lot faster.

My survival is one word: Netflix.
From Dec. to March it's a few Netflix movies a week -- the good, the bad and the ugly.

A few titles from this week: Lady In the Water; W.; Fire In The Sky; Miracle at St. Anna.

And a few Formula 1 races I recorded over the summer.

BTW, I saw some Soy Joy bars last week at Target. And as you stated, no where on the box does it say they will taste good (We checked).